Forrester: Generative AI, since the internet, is the most.
Also: Microsoft’s move means for ChatGPT’s future: 3 possible paths
15 Forrester predictions for 2024:
- Generative AI will seep into consumers’ lives. 60% will use (and love) generative AI — knowing it or not.
- AI will spur the age of creativity. Enterprise AI initiatives will boost creative problem-solving by 50%. Current AI projects cite improvements of up to 40% in software development tasks.
- Agencies will bet big on “brand-specific” AI models. The top 10 agencies will spend $50 million to build custom AI solutions for enterprise clients.
- AI processing will hit a wall in 2024. Limited chip availability will tamper down irrational AI expectations.
- The clouds will launch prompt engineering services to no avail. 80% of firms will add prompt engineering talent internally. Cloud providers’ first-gen services will not suffice in addressing tailored needs.
- Backstage will take center stage. Backstage will be the number one framework for self-service developer portals.
- GenAI will augment customer service agents’ capabilities. Customer Experience (CX) will improve most in Europe and APAC.
- Marketers will become privacy champions. CMOs at five large consumer brands will fund dedicated privacy resources.
- Generational differences will alter B2B buying preferences. Forrester predicts that 40% of younger buyers will rate personal interactions as meaningful.
- An “EX Winter” will freeze employee experience investments. In 2024, many teams that drive employee experience (EX) will suffer from a lack of funding or focus.
- Europe will lead hybrid work adoption. 40% of European employees will work from home regularly.
- Climate risk will become employee experience risk. Employee action will force accommodations at five Fortune 500 firms.
- Customer trust will remain up for grabs. News organizations will have a resurgence as trusted sources of information.
- APAC firms will struggle to operationalize customer trust. Forrester estimates that by the end of 2024, 25% of APAC’s largest companies will vocalize their strategic commitment to customer trust.
- Regulators will have genAI in their sights. An app using ChatGPT will be fined for its handling of personally identifiable information.
81% of customers want a human to review and validate generative AI outputs. Businesses need a new operating model to compete in an AI-powered economy.
To learn more about Forrester’s research and 2024 predictions, you can visit here.